The Riverview Arts Centre is pleased to offer Seniors Connect…
– an innovative program that connects seniors with culture and community, funded in part by the Government of Canada’s New Horizons for Seniors Program.
Socializing keeps people young at heart, emotionally vibrant, and mentally sharp. When we were babies, socialization helped us develop who we are. As we age, it’s vital to continue socializing and connecting with the community to help maintain a healthy physical and emotional balance, as well as a strong sense of purpose.
That’s why we’ve developed the Seniors Connect Program.
In total, there are five components to this comprehensive program:
Seniors Connect with…
1. Culture by live-streaming or recording concerts on stage at the Centre and making them available to be shown on large screens in common areas of Seniors’ complexes, free of charge. Click for more details.
2. StoryTime by connecting with the community’s youngest members, our children, to read a story every Wednesday morning, via Zoom or at a special host location. Click for more details.
3. Coffee by having conversations over a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate (or even a sweet treat), hosted by a member of the community twice monthly in a different local coffee shop, café, or public venue like the library. Click for more details.
4. Mentorship by sharing their valuable knowledge with younger community members who have mutual interests and are looking to learn new skills. Click for more details.
5. Lunch & Learns by learning new information on important topics from other seniors or experts within the community (e.g. protecting personal information). Click for more details.
Whether you are age 2 or 102, the Seniors Connect Program strives to connect all members of our community with our senior citizens.
And there are so many ways to be involved:
- As a Senior, why not become a storyteller, a mentor, a guest speaker for a Lunch & Learn, or come out to socialize over a cup of coffee.
- As a Mom-at-home or a childcare provider, join us for StoryTime where a Senior will read to the children each Wednesday morning via Zoom or at a special host location like the library, for example.
- As a younger member of the community, become a mentee and learn a new interest from one of our Senior mentors. And the learnings are guaranteed to be reciprocal as the Seniors will no doubt pick up new tips, too.
- Or as an Expert within the community, come share your knowledge with Seniors as a guest speaker at a Lunch & Learn.
Check out our Calendar to keep up-to-date with the various activities happening with the Seniors Connect Program in our community.
And if you would like to participate in this exciting program in any capacity, be sure to register for an activity by filling out the corresponding form below and let us know your interest. We will be in touch shortly to share further details with you.
Click the button to register for Seniors Connect with…
For further information, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 506.852.7189.