An unexpected intermission… due to Covid-19…
The last few weeks have clearly shown the world coming together even when we need to be physically apart. And the same holds true for the world of arts and culture.
For an industry whose motto is “the show must go on”, we have abruptly learned that it can’t go on when the health and safety of our patrons, artists, technicians, staff, families, and community are at stake.
So although the curtains are drawn in our Royal Theatre right now and our doors are temporarily closed until further notice, our team at the Riverview Arts Centre continues to virtually work behind the scenes. We are doing our best to support the arts and culture sector by rescheduling or cancelling upcoming performances and planning for when we gather again after this much unexpected intermission.
For now, the status of each upcoming event has been posted on the website.
So what does all this mean for ticket holders of these upcoming events?
- If you are a ticket holder of a show that has been postponed, no worries, your ticket is good for the rescheduled show date. Simply present it at the door on the new date and enjoy the performance.
- If you are a ticket holder of a show that has been postponed and you simply can’t make the rescheduled date, you can give your ticket to someone else to show up on the new date and enjoy the performance.
- If you are a ticket holder of a show that has been postponed and you simply can’t make the rescheduled date, and unfortunately, you have no takers for the ticket – OR – if the show has been cancelled outright, please consider joining the #KeepYourTicket movement that has been created to support the arts and culture sector.
What does it mean to #KeepYourTicket?
For the artists, technicians, and staff of the Riverview Arts Centre, it means A LOT! You will be supporting the arts and culture sector of our community during this uncertain time.
For you, the ticket holder of an upcoming event at the Riverview Arts Centre, it means you will receive:
- a credit for your ticket in the form of a gift certificate with no expiration date; and
- a free membership for the 2020-21 season offering you early bird specials to upcoming shows.
You may also choose to have a charitable receipt for the value of your credit as thanks for your kind gesture in supporting our non-profit organization that brings arts and culture to our community.
To make arrangements to #KeepYourTicket, please call us by June 30, 2020 between 9am and 4pm weekdays at 506-852-7189 or email us at email@example.com.
We draw strength knowing we’re all in this together! We look forward to the day when this unexpected intermission comes to an end and we are able to once again serve you and our community at the Royal Theatre.
Please check back often for any updates as they arise or follow us on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TheRiverviewArtsCentre/.
Thank you for your understanding during this unusual situation, and please be safe.