Administrative Assistant Riverview Arts Centre
Are you looking for an exciting career with opportunities for advancement? Do you like to work in an environment where no two days are the same? The Riverview Arts Centre is looking for a mature, capable administrative team member to help us create an exciting atmosphere for our patrons. This position handles the day to day office duties and works independently while providing support to the Executive Director. We are looking for an individual who can make this position their own.
The successful candidate will have enhanced organization, interpersonal, problem solving and records management skills. Professional verbal and written communication skills, especially using e-mail and telephone, are essential. The incumbent will create and prepare documents as required by the Executive Director. This position offers flexible hours and location, based on our show schedule. Interviews will begin immediately and the position will remain open until the ideal candidate is recruited.
- Manage the day-to-day administrative activities of the office
- Transcribe, format, input and edit text, data, and graphics using MS office
- Read, research, and route correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; preparing reports
- Maintain Executive Director’s appointment schedule and organize the administrative details for meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel
- Attend meetings both with the Executive Director and independently
- Manage filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions
- Welcome guests, customers and patrons by greeting them in person or via telephone; answer or direct inquiries
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Organization of office supplies inventory and equipment as requested
- Ensure all equipment is in good working order and escalate as needed
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication.
Please note a criminal record check is required for this position
Preference may be given to candidate who has completed post-secondary education in the field of Office Administration or similar.
To apply for this position please send Resume and cover letter to:
In the subject line please indicate: Riverview Arts Centre – Admin position.
The Riverview Arts Centre thanks all applicants for their interest; only those invited to interview will be contacted
Are you looking for a great summer job? If you have a SEED voucher, we want to hear from you!
The Riverview Arts Centre currently has 2 openings for summer interns. The positions do not require any special training only a great attitude and an excellent opportunity to improve your skills in a number of very marketable areas.
Our summer intern program is designed to mentor you in a flexible business environment . We take the skills and field of interest to give you and excellent business opportunity.
Last years students worked in areas such as; technical programing, vendor management, special events, Digital creative design, social media, accounting, office management, sales and customer experience.
The positions are designed to assist students in gaining practical experience in their field of study and interests and prepare them for future success all while having fun promoting and supporting a local theatre achieve their goals.
If you qualify for the SEED program and are interested in the position, please contact: